Thursday, October 1, 2026

Sambhog

I read the following half-written post from Dec' 2017 sitting in my Drafts, and couldn't help myself but be amused and live the experiences recalled here. I am really amazed how well articulated this post is. Juvenile.. yes; but gets the point across really well. I can see why I didn't post it, but it is still pretty relevant today and I wanted to post it now. I have stolen the title from back then as well.
 ........................................................................................................................................................
 
I am having a ball of a time dating in India. Not because I have been on great dates, but just coz the variety that is thrown at you has a large standard deviation. So there is plenty to get amused by. First of all lets get this out of the way that I do feel like a loser being so available to the 'sapiosexual' and '420 friendly' clique that is out there. Apparently dating has its own language these days. And one must master it to be 'relevant'. Of course I am old school and fight the good cause to be different from the rest. So I didnt learn it. Also allows me to filter better.

Then there are the married kinds. Two kinds thereof: happily married and just looking for friends and networking (on a dating app, yeah!) with their kids in the profile photos, and the other that is truly just seeking meaningless sex..not like there is ever any meaningful sex. Mostly looking for submissive females. I am amazed to see India come this far this way. Its not that such experimentation or way of life didnt exist before; I just believe that people are embracing it a lot more. I do encourage the sexual healthiness that it brings with it, but its still done shittily in a forum that is not meant for this, unfortunately.

As one successfully filters through this variety, one comes across a breed of founders and co-founders. This is especially true for Bangalore population. Pet care, online education, a learning app... you name it and its there. Proud and busy in their little self created worlds of ignorance and closed circle. I cannot diminish the importance of self starters. I couldnt put all my wits together and muster up the courage to do anything remotely significant. So I respect this kind. But the situation around this today is like the plethora of engineering colleges that had opened up in late last decade to suffice the growing demands of a computer engineer. The quality deteriorates and one must be prejudiced towards it. Else we are doing a disservice to ourselves and the societal economics. And what is bothersome is that they have a haughtiness around them at such young age to question the leaders of the industry including myself hoping to find a giggly little girl that is ogling over their 'CEO' stature. Ugh *puke*

Anyhow when you do get to the few interesting souls after all this effort, sex is never easy. The Indian men - the good ones - are so scared of it. They dont want to do it. These are the grave outcomes of the uncouth male population in India that has scared the good ones from doing the right thing. A little bit more aggression or initiation wouldnt be bad just like the way you like it from your woman. eh. 
.....................................................................................................................................................


Now 9 years later, I do find the situation rather different... I think either it is the post COVID effect or it is the post 40 effect, but everything has changed and the quality of men has really deteriorated. In the earlier years of dating, I had thought that all the good ones are taken. But now that there is excessive access to the divorced (once taken) ones, they are equally bad or actually worse coz they are all jaded (so am I), but additionally they are also reeling with mommy issues emanating from their time with their ex-wives. 



No comments: