Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Toast

It calls for a celebration when a couple scores a quarter of a century. Though I would try and make my presence felt today by quoting a few lines about them, the fact is that no one beyond the couple really know the value of their journey together. It does sound strange to me but still I would address them as a 'couple' today rather than parents coz it is that day of their life which is exlusive to them and no mother.. father.. daughter can take their share in this..

25 years.. though not so long.. but is still a long time.. To keep together in all the ups and down of life and nurture a bond so strong as that we 3 share today is quite a task..

Although they would love to disagree but to me their's is the most beautiful relationship in all those that i have ever witnessed. They may be different people..they are different people but they fill in for each other's lacunas so well that it is comendable. It is this that makes them so perfect for each other. They may not be the best individuals around..but they make the perfect couple together.

This celebration would be incomplete without a 25th wedding anniversary toast being raised to the eternal couple.. I love you Ma and Pa. And this is for you, for my parents.. Cheers..!!!

And this is not it.... Cake and confetti follows.

No comments: