Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rose Petals

Disclaimer : Its a very off post. And after much consideration, I have decided to post it. I hold no responsibility for the poor read.

And there is this one person who has stormed in. Only a couple of meetings. The internet age has taken its toll on the girl. With an eye for rightly judging people, she stands miffed and confused with the nature and characteristic of this stranger in her life. But hey! They are both grown-ups and know exactly what they want and what they are headed for. Just a little fun in life. No one is bothered about relationships and commitments and truthfulness. Its all about just having some fun and excitement.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Am I too conservative and old in my thinking? I still get jitters when I hear the word 'love'. Is it me in wrong here or has the word really lost its importance? I had learnt its meaning the hard way and so I hold it very close to me. I have been in this awkward situation a number of times and it is generally followed by an awkward silence wherein I am just figuring out how one can love someone in just a couple of meetings!! But then he says so.

Some say this word is just hyped too much and I wouldn't disagree. It so is. I think I need to grow up a little more and like my friend just take the usage more casually than otherwise. And as far as no reciprocation is expected, it should be cool..!!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This new guy is keeping the girl occupied. There is suddenly so much excitement in her life. The wait is sweet.. sweeter than she expected it to be. But ignorance here is not bliss and she cannot stand it. His lack of involvement scares her sometimes, but then she is not looking for a camaraderie here. Sheer fun is her motto.

Is it? Does she even know what she is getting into. She always ends it all in a mess with one less person as her 'admirer'. But I guess the journey is worth the disastrous end. And this time she is trying a new approach altogether. All the best to her.

11 comments:

vinay said...

nice read.. especially from someone down with pox.. strangers usually come under friend 'log' category :-)

G said...

Hehe.. I am so happy you commented...saala..

And And.. dont call it a nice read coz I am down with some godforsaken illness...

And well.. friend 'log' are a part of my life.. and these strangers are fictitious.. u see...

Ankur said...

fiction or non-fiction ... Khali Dimag, Saitan Ka Ghar ... May you get well soon and head back to work. ;)

G said...

Hehe.. So true... dimag to khali ho chuka hai..

And as I said, I dont take the responsibility of the poor read.. You read at your own risk..

teacup said...

I need details like, who is the "new guy" who has stormed in :|

Oh, I forgot, this is supposed to be fiction :P

G said...

Hehe.. After the discussion we had today morning, I didnt think you'd be in any more doubts ;-p

And yes derived fiction this is...

Dagny said...

There s nothing wrong in *not* taking the L word casually. Although we see lesser people doing so everyday, I can assure you that quite a few who do still exist (although in 'dormancy' since they are in such minority).

Nice blog!

G said...

:) Good to know that I have some supporters..ppl who think the way I do..

And thanks :)

jags said...

Hi Garima, routed to your blog through yashita's blog.

And abt love, thisz seriously only my opinion,correct me if I am wrong.

There definitely is no time frame to like somebody.Love at first sight?? there are many arguments on this topic.And about hype created on this word love, how much ever hype might be created its less to wht love really deserves.Many times we come across this word "true love", there is only one love and its only love with out any tags.

On most of the ocassions ppl name their lust towards a person as love, thts creating problems and never ending problems.

For me Love is caring,
Love is giving,
Love is a feeling,
love is just loving

If he/she can love the other persons soul, irrespective of their shape/size/colour then their love will be forever united or separated they will experience the same joy.

Many love stories which we hear these days are most of the times attraction/affection/infatuation under the name of love. Love is same, its only we who are changing it according to our comfort....oops am I dragging it?? okey,okey..I got it, done...

G said...

Hey.. You are right when you say.. "Many love stories which we hear these days are most of the times attraction/affection/infatuation under the name of love. Love is same, its only we who are changing it according to our comfort"... and this why i said that the word is over hyped...

And well yes.. there isnt a time frame for love to exist.. but there surely has to be a deeper understanding and that RIGHT feeling.. which doesnt come over a couple of meetings... I am not blind towards love and I understand it.. and the emotion/feeling in question mentioned in my post was surely not love.. the way I look and think of it..

jags said...

its always good to come across people who try to analyse the real meaning of love...