Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Is it Competition... or.. is it Competition?

How much is too much? Where is that end? Is there an end? What is the limit to achieving? over-achieving? or under-achieving? Delusion or dilemma? Where is the full stop? or even half a stop?

The fun of living is to always have something new to learn..to explore. The opposite of that fun is to either not bother to learn or over-learn. Is there something as over -learn? Can you burn yourself out just learning?

Although I have "3 years of work experience", I would like to treat it as negligible. With the real work that I have gotten into less than 6 months back, I have fallen prey to the very common work related problem of limits!! Where are the limits. Timings, money, social life, life at all.. et al. With the whole generation going through a similar phase, I tend to compare. There are all kinds of people. They have all either figured out what they want or are in the process or just pretend that they have. But either way I dont find myself anywhere close. I feel I dont have enough data to make the decision or rather enough choices to make that call. or Do I?

What is the ratio of the different parameters? So many variables! I struggle to find my principles as I struggle to find myself. In the rush of things of this quarter life I have lost much or just lost my vision and fail to see the gains. Oh that reminds me I might have to get reading glasses. Finally.. !! I can get a really sexy pair of glasses and can pretend to be a reader!

Seeing people whooping past you exactly making that "whooop" sound makes you wonder are you already behind? Already? But then would you switch places? Is being content a good thing or does that just make you less competitive?

How much is too much?

2 comments:

vinay said...

You are doing ok girl, dont worry.. long back we wanted all this remember? i dont know if it was worth it?anyways just play poker sometimes.

G said...

u drunken poker player.. !!
I know we did and I am not defying any of it... but... there is so much more..