Sunday, May 4, 2014

The King and the Pawn

I played Chess recently after a very loooong time. Two decades ago, I had a chess tutor come home to teach some basic moves. It used to be big in Tamil Nadu during my growing years. I dont remember much of what I learnt coz it was for a very short period of time, about 5 weeks. And then we moved out of Madurai. I was sad I couldnt complete the training, especially coz my chess teacher was a super good looking south indian dude. I wish I had continued.

I enjoyed playing chess last week. Made some dumb moves, some strategies didnt pan out the way I wanted them to. But it was good. I undermine myself and get scared away from things. A good reminder to go get it anyways. If you fail, who really cares.

There is one person I wouldnt want to play against. hmph! I think he is really smart and chess is certainly his thing. He is the chess kinda guy and hates losing. 

No comments: