Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kkkkrrrrrr….

So, I am back. After a long long time. And did I miss it – Naa, not really.

So much has happened in the past couple of months. I remember thinking 'Life will be so different on the other side of these 3 months' the last time I wrote here but you know what it is not. It's the same. Sometimes I feel I am just too hard on Life. C'mon give it a break. Its all a matter of perception but I cannot come to change mine. You know the feeling one gets when one is all engrossed into eating his thick gravy dal makhani with butter naan and suddenly gets cracked up by a little stone in his mouth which he by now has chewed enough and converted to powder. And then the 'kkkkrrrrr' he gets in his mouth…. That's how I am feeling today. Like that 'kkkkrrrr'.. Yeah quite detailed..!!

So much so for the sad part.

Went to this really awesome restaurant today – Via Milano. Yes, it was all Italiano. Ambience was beautifulano. And Garimano loved it. I loved the glasses there. They were plain, blood red in colour, translucent and wide mouthed. Very simple but were amazing to hold. Oh, and the food was good too. All so good but yet not so affective to cover up for the little brawl that I had with my dinner partner. The chef was Italian himself and partly owned the restaurant with 2 others. Well, one of the owners greeted me with a rose. I tried to keep my detective eye on him to notice if he was giving to other chicks as well… But he wasn't (Cheeeeeez)…. Oh yes and they were giving free freshly grated cheese as extra topping on everyone's food. I had stuffed pancakes influenced by Marshall of the How I Met Your Mother series with the extra topping of cheese. Weird combination but what the hell it was for free and it was cheese. I can't say no to either.

Note: This is not the post which I had in mind to come out of the little hiatus that I had taken. But what the heck, I need to stop planning.


5 comments:

amu said...

bentornata garimano :)

Anonymous said...

" You know the feeling one gets when one is all engrossed into eating his thick gravy dal makhani with butter naan and suddenly gets cracked up by a little stone in his mouth which he by now has chewed enough and converted to powder. And then the 'kkkkrrrrr' he gets in his mouth…. That's how I am feeling today."

Trying to visualize it ... sounds like one of those balaji plots ... Kkkkkrrrr an apt title ... bad PJ from my side ... you write well. write more.

G said...

@Amrit - Grazie tanto!!

@Ankur - It cant be a balaji plot. there is no bahu and there is no saas. its just dal and roti. their plots are rather dramatic. Im still to attain balarvana..!!! Woteva was that. I am equally bad with PJs.

Jayesh said...

wait a second.. shouldn't that be garima guptano?? great that you are writing again :) and if I got that indian express thing wrong i remember ur interview when u topped wadia in 12th or somethin :D

G said...

Man.. You have some memory..!!!! HOw do you do that.. No wonder you were the school topper..!! But how do you know about that interview of mine..? i dont remember telling you that.