Sunday, October 19, 2008

Closure

To all those who care about me even the slightest - I Love You.

When days are happy and cheerful, its difficult to think about you. I blame it on the busy schedule and lack of habit. But it doesn't take too long to curl up in the bed in my satin sheets allowing the guilty tear roll down my cheek.

As I had mentioned in my first post and I quote, 'Happiness is a state of mind', I shall strive to be happy and content with life coz I am blessed with much more than most. You must give up your possessions, however precious they might be, to avoid them from giving up on you. Respect, beauty and happiness are as much with you as you think they are. They are your slaves, you are not theirs. Give yourself the credit for who you are coz you must realize YOU are the only one in this universe. You are unique. No one can take that away from you and must be condemned if they ever try to.

Listen, sweet Dove, unto my song,
And spread thy golden wings in me;
Hatching my tender heart so long,
Till it get wing, and flie away with Thee.
- George Herbert

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish you a happy belated b'day.

G said...

Thanks :)
But it would be a nice to know who wishes me well..

amu said...

i loved this post...

very well written!

G said...

Hey Amrit.. Thanks.. :)

Jayesh said...

Well something that I have realized (u may not necessarily agree to it) is that if u treat each day as your last (what if I die today :D),you would be more in touch with what u really wanna do… make that phone call to a friend or continue slogging and blame your busy schedule… my god knows that I haven’t had a single UNbusy day at work for 2.5 years now (UNbusy is less than 11 hrs work :D) Well this realization also means that I am more stupid in life… more of a kid… a child :) As in it doesn’t take me years to decide whether or not I shld do this or that :)

Anyway here is something i read which I find appropriate to mention here because it is in line with your 'UNIQUE' wala philosophy

"Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again. And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capital of France. When will we also teach them what they are? We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. You are unique. In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you. Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move. You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven. You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel. And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel? You must work, we must all work, to make the world worthy of its children"

G said...

Since you mentioned that I may not necessarily agree.. well I dont..!!
Living each day as if it was the last..would be dreadful not only to me but also my friends.. Funny But i have plans for my last day..and to do all that every day of my life is sheer waste..
Hehe.. Ok i know what you meant when you said but i kinda took it literally.
And yes.. everyone is busy.. and that is precisely why i said.. 'blame it on the busy schedule'... coz i couldnt blame myself for it..
There is more i have to say here.. but may be later.. i need to be in the 'right' frame of mind...