Saturday, May 28, 2011

Little joys

I sat in the back seat of the ancient Maruti Zen. There were no tinted glass and the a/c barely managed to keep pace with the crazy Delhi heat. But there in the front were my parents of 27 years bickering and fighting about paying toll tax on the Gurgaon highway.

It was amazing how well we knew each other. How well we all could not only interpret each other's actions but also predict them. You can run but you cannot hide.

It was just like old times. My parents and I and our small family. We have been through so much in these past years and bonds have strengthened or threads have broken, but at the end we are still treading the path each day as it comes and living each moment as it delivers.

Arent these the small joys in life?? As I sat there in the back seat now all grown up and pretty, I felt complete after a long time. What else did I want? Why did I ever want anything else? This is it! Here they are!

No comments: