Sunday, September 24, 2017

Rise Up

I have been wanting to go off facebook for a while now. Not off like delete the profile and be dead, but limit my consumption of nail polish and make-up tutorials, DIY tutorials, and "fake news". I think to myself that when I could live through the everyone-getting-married facebook era and then the baby-producing phase with a daily new baby announcement on facebook, I have already lived through the challenging parts of the online/virtual life. Now its an easy sail. I dont comdemn it. I do appreciate the fact that I have been able to connect with very distant acquaintances that I never really spoke in real life, but have been able to develop ties in this new online living.

However I learnt about something on facebook today that related to the past disaster in my life, and I started to wonder where does one draw the line. It resulted in 10 secs of surprise followed by pity for the poor guy justifying his current existence. But that also quickly withered away and followed by my lowly meanderings and that stayed. What the hell am I doing? There is a world of knowledge and sea of inspiring people and here I am surrounding myself with people that don't intrigue me. There is no dearth of good people. I am good too. But that is the lowest bar I can set for myself. Since when did I allow myself to be so unbecoming of my own caliber. Just being occupied in conversations is not enough. A state of nothingness is far better than numbing dull conversations. No? Or can one learn something or the other from everyone and every conversation? I miss B. Never thought I would but I do. He tired me by talking sense all the time. And now I miss it. But coming back to this incidence it has just left me wondering why I entangle myself in the past so much. I left it behind coz I didnt want it. Then I should not have it. I am not differentiating myself from him by doing this. I am being like him and I dont like him.

Rise Up !


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

अतीत एक भ्रम है। उसको भूलने का एक ही उपाय है। खुधके भविष्य को आशा और संभावना से भर देना। इस भविशय को कल्पाना से असली दुनिया में लाने का प्रयास करते रहना ही हमारे वर्तमान की वास्तविकता होनी चाहिए।