Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Strength

Its sad that I am not as well aware of the world around me as I used to be. Its sadder that I am not even aware anymore of my own country!

Heard of the recent cloudburst in Leh only today. And I am deeply upset. I had been there when I was a little girl and no other memories are comparably as beautiful as those ones. To see the city lose its beautiful landscaping and people coz of a natural phenomenon hurts me. But thankfully it didnt get ruined at the hands of a few gunmen.

The river with a huge stone (that had my name etched on it) is not there anymore. I wanted to go back and visit it. The trees with yellow flowers, the rustic smell, and the barren landscape will all be missing. I am just so glad that atleast I have those memories to live by and I do hope that Leh can recover.

**********

Rahul Gandhi should be a little more responsible about his and his family's well being. I totally understand where he is coming from when he choses to go to the interiors of India with minimal security. But one must not forget Rajiv Gandhi's demise could have been avoided if it was for better security. And India cannot afford to lose another Gandhi. It is a great attitude to serve the countrymen and not intimidate them with the crazy security that follows these politicians. The informal setting helps the young politician to build a better rapport and oneness with the masses. But in doing so he is being overtly ambitious and emotional. By trying to ape his father's style he is making me nervous. I really like him and I hope that I dont hear of any unnerving anytime.

No comments: