Monday, August 9, 2010

Year

Its been exactly one year since the time I stepped into US for my graduation. Time flies. I cant think of any other span of twelve months where I had grown so much. I have grown on a personal and a professional front immensely. I didnt know of so many of my capabilities until now. Its just great to discover and then re-discover yourself over and over again. Just astounding! And at the same time, it sucks to see yourself fall flat on the ground with same problems over and over again!

Its been a year and one week that I have been away from home. I never feel homesick. The last time I did was probably first semester during engineering! That was my first time away from home and that was way long back. Currently I wouldnt call myself homesick, but there is this hollow feeling inside of me and I want to be home, be in my country, among my people. There is nothing like home and I talk of India when I say home. I miss the butt grazing, cotton kurtis, barista, bollywood music, and all that. Cant wait for Dec to come to dance in Munira's wedding!!

I have many more years to go and I intend to stay here for years to come. Past is always missed and should be thought of with fondness but one must move towards future with values learnt from the past. I love my country and my people but right now this is the best thing for me to evolve. Like I said, I havent grown and learnt as much as I have in the last one year ever before. And there is lot more to come.

Current Status - hopeful.

No comments: