Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Potpourri and Christmas Vs Goa and New Years

Year end always sets in a festive mood. More than being festive its the party season that December is longed for. And after all its the end of the long, fruitfull for some and unlucky for some, year. Its the time for Christmas celebrations and new year resolutions. Even as the winter chill sets in, it cannot push people indoors. There is love in the air which dances to the rythmic tunes of the music faintly heard from the near past and the coming future. The feel in the air is such. There are flowing gowns, sweet fragrance, champagne glasses cluttering and lots of laughter. There...!!!! I just described a scene from Cinderella or was it some other fairy tale. But last year's end was quite like this for me.

I had an amazing Christmas (I have had better but this one was good). Santa came by and shoved my little red sock by my bedside with a huge packet of 'ocean' scented Potpourri along with an exquisitely shaped glass bowl. I think it was the best 'Kimmas gift' I ever received after a story book(dont remember the name) that I got when I was seven. Thats a different story and the sentiments go beyond explanation. My room is small and could not make space for the huge bowl but when there is a will there is a way. Old and clichéd phrase but always makes sense to me and I swear by it. I made space and it is a part of the 'recently added attractions' of my room. You can see for yourself.

[photo would come soon]

And I was a good girl and treated Santa to Mainland China.

And then Go GOAAAAA........
I wont be exaggerating if I would use 'dream' as the word to describe my desperation to go to Goa with friends. I was there for a very short period but I think I made the most of it. Somethings still left undone and somethings went wrong this time and need to be corrected next time..(yeah I am sure now that next time will happen, also as my desperation levels have reduced).

2 guys...yes u heard it right 2 good looking decent guys flirted with me. And I responded to none. What on earth is wrong with me?? I have been single for long now and I have no past memories haunting me anymore then why did I NOT respond. I am a libran!! I am made to flirt. I have been sent on this earth to flirt, I am supposed to be flirtatious..then why didn't I??? Heehee. Ok! Its not that bad. But I really do wonder sometimes if I am too good a girl and don't want unknown guys getting near me or that I have just lost the ability to charm. Haaah!! thats not the truth..how else do you think I got my job at IBM?

Since I returned from Goa I have been happy and content. I used to never understand how a holiday can refresh you. What did people mean by - you need a holiday. I know now. This three day trip with friends has given a boost to my otherwise monotonous life and I am looking forward to the year again. I am so full of energy and everything seems bright and beautiful again. Now I need to see how long can I hold this feeling.

2 comments:

SwB said...

hope you have a lovely new year garima. keep writing ... and yeah, we librans love to flirt so dont you miss out on an opportunity ;)

best,
SwB

G said...

Thank you so much and wish you the same.
Absolutely...!! Dont you worry I will keep up the Libran spirit..!!